SSI CardiacWise Online Course
Regular price $4.99
Online CourseCourse Components
CardiacWise is an online course containing approximately 20 minutes of video and a test. There are no print materials; nothing will be shipped to you. You will have immediate access to your course after purchase.
CardiacWise is an online course developed by Sport Safety International and offered in partnership with Human Kinetics Coach Education. Sudden cardiac arrest is the leading cause of death in young athletes, and this course will educate coaches and others involved in sport on the prevention and treatment of sudden cardiac arrest in athletes. Coaches who successfully complete this course can print a certificate of course completion directly from the website.
This course covers the following topics:
- Understanding sudden cardiac arrest
- Causes of sudden cardiac arrest in athletes
- Signs and symptoms of cardiac-related conditions in athletes
- Strategies for pareventing sudden cardiac arrest
AudienceGeared toward high school coaches, serious club coaches, college and university undergraduate students, and advanced coaches at the youth level (those who coach athletes ages 14 and older), CardiacWise instructs coaches on concussion basics, as well as steps to prevent and properly care for concussions when they occur.
Table of ContentsThis course covers the following topics:
- Understanding Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Causes of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Athletes
- Signs and Symptoms of Cardiac-Related Conditions in Athletes
- Strategies for Preventing Sudden Cardiac Arrest