Officiating Principles-2nd Edition
Regular price $50.00
The course includes the print text Successful Sports Officiating, video clips, one-year access to the course, Coaching Aids (PDF downloads), the 75-question test and automatic test scoring, certificate of course completion printable from the website, and entry in the National Officials Registry. While you will have immediate access to the online course upon purchase, you will be shipped the Successful Sports Officiating textbook (please allow 3 to 5 business days for shipping). We recommend you wait to take the course until you have the textbook in hand.
There’s a lot more to officiating than just knowing the rules. Communication, teamwork, decision making, and conflict resolution are just some of the skills that officials need in addition to what’s found in the rules book.
Officiating Principles brings the training to your desktop, helping you to do these tasks:
- Learn about officiating past and present (unit 1)
- Consider officiating as a lifetime career (unit 2)
- Determine your officiating style (unit 3)
- Set and achieve professional goals (unit 4)
- Communicate effectively with other officials, coaches, and athletes (unit 5)
- Develop your decision-making skills (unit 6)
- Implement mental training strategies in your officiating regimen (unit 7)
- Manage conflict effectively (unit 8)
- Be aware of principles of personal fitness (unit 9)
- Create a personal fitness plan (unit 10)
- Understand your legal responsibilities (unit 11)
- Explain your legal rights and business responsibilities (unit 12)
- Manage your time wisely (unit 13)
Those who pass the course are automatically entered into the National Officials Registry, an online database of officials that allows state high school associations, athletic administrators, and officials to track and verify officials’ credentials.
With the Officiating Principles online course, you’ll be prepared, confident, and motivated to officiate high school contests.
AudienceGeared toward potential and new sport officials who want to gain an appreciation for and understanding of what it takes to be a successful sports official. The course is also taught in high schools and colleges and universities to train students to become officials.
The Officiating Principles course includes the second edition of the book Successful Sports Officiating and a course-access instruction letter. Please allow 5 to 7 business days for these items to be shipped to you.