LA84 Foundation's Art of Coaching Youth Basketball Online Course
This course is for coaches of athletes age 14 and under participating in a recreational, noncompetitive setting. Learn fundamental coaching concepts and responsibilities, and come away with the most important coaching points of the major skills and tactics of youth basketball.
In this interactive online course, you’ll learn to prepare for your season and provide the best possible experience for your athletes. The course is supplemented by the ASEP Coaching Youth Basketball book, which is included as PDF downloads with the course. As you progress through the online course, you’ll be prompted to read sections of the book to complete course activities.
The course includes many interactive exercises that apply and enrich concepts from the book. It also includes streaming video and a handy Coaches’ Clipboard utility with forms, documents, and detailed plans for successful practice sessions and game-day coaching. The course concludes with an online 30-question test.
Guided by a mentor coach, coaches face learning challenges in the following units:
• Your Responsibilities as Coach
• Safety and Fitness
• Season and Practice Plans
• Game-Day Tactics and Skill Instruction
• Offensive and Defensive Tactics
• Offensive and Defensive Skills
With your course registration, you’ll receive all of these valuable resources:
• Twelve-month access to the online course and test;
• Twelve-month access to the “Coaches Clipboard,” featuring downloadable reading material, season and practice plans, checklists, and other coaching aids;
• Certificate of completion printable from the ASEP Web site;
• Three-year ASEP coaching certification;
• Entry in the ASEP National Coaches Registry, an online listing of certified coaches.
Whether you’re new to coaching basketball, or just want to improve on last year, LA84 Foundation’s Art of Coaching Youth Basketball online course will prepare you to step on the court with confidence this season.