IHSA Officiating Principles Online-2nd Edition-PDF
The course includes the text Successful Sports Officiating delivered as a PDF from within the course, video clips, one-year access to the course, Coaching Aids (PDF downloads), the 75-question test and automatic test scoring, IHSA-specific content, certificate of course completion printable from the website, and entry in the National Officials Registry. You will have immediate access to the online course upon purchase, and nothing will be shipped to you.
New IHSA officials can complete the IHSA Officiating Principles zero-level clinic as part of the requirements for becoming a patched IHSA official.
There’s a lot more to officiating than just knowing the rules. Communication, teamwork, decision making, and conflict resolution are just some of the skills that officials need in addition to what’s found in the rules book.
IHSA Officiating Principles brings the training to your desktop, helping you to do these tasks:
- Learn about officiating past and present (unit 1)
- Consider officiating as a lifetime career (unit 2)
- Determine your officiating style (unit 3)
- Set and achieve professional goals (unit 4)
- Communicate effectively with other officials, coaches, and athletes (unit 5)
- Develop your decision-making skills (unit 6)
- Implement mental training strategies in your officiating regimen (unit 7)
- Manage conflict effectively (unit 8)
- Be aware of principles of personal fitness (unit 9)
- Create a personal fitness plan (unit 10)
- Understand your legal responsibilities (unit 11)
- Explain your legal rights and business responsibilities (unit 12)
- Manage your time wisely (unit 13)
- Officiate in the state of Illinois (unit 14)
Those who pass the course are automatically entered into the National Officials Registry, an online database of officials that allows state high school associations, athletic administrators, and officials to track and verify officials’ credentials.
With the IHSA Officiating Principles online course, you’ll be one step closer to being a patched IHSA official, and you’ll be prepared, confident, and motivated to officiate high school contests
AudienceGeared toward potential and new Illinois High School Association sport officials who need to complete a zero-level clinic as part of the requirements for becoming a patched IHSA official. The course is also taught in high schools and colleges and universities to train students to become officials.
The PDF version of the IHSA Officiating Principles course includes the second edition of the text Successful Sports Officiating in PDF format, which is accessible through the online course. No print material will be sent to you for this course.