FL Coaching Football Technical and Tactical Skills Online With eBook
Regular price $49.95
The course fee includes the Coaching Football Technical and Tactical Skills ebook, access to the online course and test, one-year access to the course and its Coaching Aids (PDF downloads), automatic test scoring, certificate of course completion printable from the website, and entry in the National Coaches Registry. Nothing will be shipped to you, and you will have immediate access to the course upon purchase.
Human Kinetics Coach Education brings the gridiron to the desktop with Coaching Football Technical and Tactical Skills, an online course designed for football coaches of youth age 14 and older.
The course draws content from the ebook Coaching Football Technical and Tactical Skills, written by Human Kinetics in conjunction with Rob Ash, college football coach and American Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame inductee, and other experts at AFCA.
The course is delivered entirely online, and as you progress through the course, you will participate in interactive activities, read portions of the Coaching Football Technical and Tactical Skills ebook, and view video clips to complete course units. You’ll learn different approaches to coaching, including the games approach (an alternative to drills-based coaching); develop a season plan and a series of practice plans; and improve your ability to coach during games.
The course is heavy on skill demonstration and error detection and correction. You’ll break down football technical and tactical skills by viewing video frame by frame. The course concludes with “The Big Game,” an interactive exercise designed to simulate game situations. Coaches are taken through game sequences—including offense, defense, and special teams—illustrating techniques and tactics stressed throughout the course.
Other features include “Coaching Aids,” a storehouse of printable PDF documents that are incorporated throughout the course. These include practice plans, sport first aid checklists, and drill sheets. You’ll have access to the clipboard even after you’ve completed the course (for up to one year). The course also features a separate section devoted to football officiating signals.
After completing the course units, you’ll take the 40-question course test online and receive immediate results. Coaches who successfully complete the course are automatically entered into the National Coaches Registry, an online listing of coaches who've completed Human Kinetics Coach Education courses. Sport administrators have access to the registry, allowing them to track coaches' course completion.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the relationship and difference between technical and tactical skills, and describe the traditional and games approaches to football practice (unit 1);
- Evaluate technical and tactical football skills in your players, and make use of your evaluation results (unit 2);
- Prepare effective season plans and individual practice plans (units 3 and 4);
- Prepare far in advance for the season and each game (unit 5);
- Apply and teach the basic and intermediate offensive, defensive and special teams technical and tactical skills needed for your team’s success (game units);
- Incorporate key focal points and error detection and correction principles into your coaching (game units); and
- Recognize various signals given by officials during the game (signals unit).