Coaching Youth Wrestling Online Course-3rd Edition-PDF
Regular price $19.95
Online CourseCourse Components
The course fee includes the Coaching Youth Wrestling book (as a PDF), access to the online course and test, one-year access to the course and Coaching Aids (PDF downloads), automatic test scoring, certificate of course completion printable from the website, and entry in the National Coaches Registry. Nothing will be shipped to you, and you will have immediate access to the course upon purchase.
Learn fundamental coaching concepts and responsibilities and come away with the most important coaching points of the major skills and tactics of youth wrestling.
In this interactive online course, you’ll learn to prepare for your season and provide the best possible experience for your athletes. The course is supplemented by the Coaching Youth Wrestling book—written by Human Kinetics Coach Education—which is provided as a PDF from within the online course. As you progress through the online course, you’ll be prompted to read chapters to complete course activities.
The course includes many interactive exercises that apply and enrich concepts from the book. The course introduces volunteer coaches to the games approach to coaching, which uses small-sided games to teach skills and tactics. It also includes a handy Coaches’ Clipboard utility with forms, documents, and detailed plans for successful practice sessions and game-day coaching. The course concludes with an online 30-question test.
In this course, you’ll learn how to
- meet your coaching responsibilities, including examining your priorities as a coach;
- communicate effectively with wrestlers, parents, and officials;
- provide for safety and respond to injuries;
- develop a training program for wrestlers to promote lifelong fitness;
- understand the basic rules of wrestling;
- create plans for your season and individual practices;
- prepare for, and coach on, match day;
- detect and correct errors in all basic moves;
- teach 11 important wrestling techniques; and
- use the games approach method of instruction.
AudienceThis course is for coaches of athletes ages 6 to 13 participating in a recreational, noncompetitive setting.
Table of ContentsGuided by a mentor coach, coaches face learning challenges in the following units:
- Your Responsibilities as Coach
- Safety and Fitness
- The Games Approach to Coaching
- Season and Practice Plans
- Match-Day Tactics and Skill Instruction
- Offensive and Defensive Tactics
- Offensive and Defensive Skills