Coaching Youth Cheerleading Online Course-Book
This course is for coaches of cheer athletes age 14 and under participating in a recreational, noncompetitive setting. Learn fundamental coaching concepts and responsibilities, and come away with the most important coaching points of the major skills and tactics of youth cheerleading.
In this interactive online course, you’ll learn to prepare for your season and provide the best possible experience for your squad members. The course is supplemented by the Coaching Youth Cheerleading book, which is included with your course purchase. As you progress through the online course, you’ll be prompted to read sections of the book to complete course activities.
The course includes many interactive exercises that apply and enrich concepts from the book. It also includes a handy Coaches’ Clipboard utility with forms, documents, and detailed plans for successful practice sessions and competition-day coaching. The course concludes with an online 30-question test.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to
- better understand your role as a coach (unit 1),
- communicate effectively with squad members and others in the cheerleading community (unit 2),
- understand the importance of rules and equipment (unit 3),
- provide a safe environment for your cheerleaders (unit 4),
- teach and shape cheerleading skills (unit 5),
- teach and shape cheer, sideline, and dance skills (unit 6),
- teach and shape partner stunt and pyramid skills (unit 7),
- teach and shape jump and stunt skills (unit 8),
- prepare season and practice plans (unit 9), and
- make the most of game and competition day (unit 10).
This course includes the text Coaching Youth Cheerleading which will be sent to you along with course access instructions within 5 to 7 business days after receipt of your order.