Coaching Cheerleading Principles Online 2nd Edition With eBook
Regular price $49.95
Online CourseCourse Components
The course fee includes the Coaching Cheerleading Successfully ebook, access to the course outline, additional reading assignments from the Successful Coaching and Sport First Aid texts (provided as PDFs within the course), downloadable forms, checklists, and evaluations (provided as PDFs within the course), and online test. You will have immediate access to the course upon purchase; nothing will be shipped to you.
This course features sport-specific content based on the Coaching Cheerleading Successfully text (delivered as an ebook), plus content gleaned from the Human Kinetics Coach Education courses Coaching Principles and Sport First Aid.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the coach’s role on the athletic health care team.
- Develop a sport first aid game plan.
- Create an emergency action plan and perform the emergency action steps.
- Explain what risk management means for coaches.
- List a coach's 10 legal duties.
- Differentiate between technical and tactical skills.
- Identify technical, tactical, physical, mental, communication, and character development skills to teach.
- Use evaluation tools to evaluate cheerleading skills.
- Assess positive and negative feedback you receive both during and at the end of your season.
- Employ consistent, positive, and effective feedback when critiquing your athletes.
- Establish safety guidelines for your cheerleaders.
- Identify the four basic safety issues of cheerleading.
- Identify the correct hand, arm, and leg positions for cheers and chants.
- Implement precise and accurate motions with good timing.
- Instruct your cheerleaders to use correct voice inflection, volume, pitch, and expression.
- Identify various practice techniques that cheerleaders can do to improve their jumps.
- Incorporate tumbling skills into the cheerleading program.
- Identify definitions of basic cheerleading terms in order to properly coach stunts and pyramids.
- Instruct your cheerleaders in the basic points for base and flyer positions.
- Implement general safety procedures and the correct progression for stunts.
- Implement general safety procedures and the correct progression for building pyramids.
- Identify ways to communicate with the crowd, serving as the leadership link between the fans and the team.
- Instruct your cheerleaders to lead through example, upholding the highest principles of good sportsmanship at all times.
- Implement safety at every event the cheerleaders are involved in and provide proper supervision.
- Recognize the components of a pep rally so you can serve as an effective leader during the planning and implementing process.
- Involve students through class and spirit competitions.
- Recognize the advantages of team competitions.
- Be aware of the mental preparation required for competitions (coming from the coach, each cheerleader’s family, and the cheerleaders themselves).
- Realize the physical preparation and commitment required for competitions.
- Identify the various types of competitions and the details of each.
- Identify the four areas of choreography: music, routine components, creative transitions, and how to teach the routine.
- Establish tryout procedures for selection of your squad.
- Be prepared and plan for medical issues such as physical examinations, acute injuries, and emergencies.
- Develop instructional plans for the season and for each practice.
- Identify ways to make practices fun and still productive.
- Describe activities that help build squad cohesiveness.
- Describe approaches for communicating with cheerleaders, assistant coaches, school and community personnel, parents, officials, and the media.
- Explain strategies for motivating your athletes.