Coaching Youth Basketball Online Course-4th Edition-PDF
Regular price $19.95
Online CourseCourse Components
The course fee includes the Coaching Youth Basketball book (as a PDF), access to the online course and test, one-year access to the course and Coaching Aids (PDF downloads), automatic test scoring, certificate of course completion printable from the website, and entry in the National Coaches Registry. Nothing will be shipped to you, and you will have immediate access to the course upon purchase.
Learn fundamental coaching concepts and responsibilities and come away with the most important coaching points of the major skills and tactics of youth basketball.
In this interactive online course, you’ll learn to prepare for your season and provide the best possible experience for your athletes. The course is supplemented by the book Coaching Youth Basketball—written by Human Kinetics Coach Education in cooperation with USA Basketball Coach Don Showalter—which is provided as a PDF from within the online course. As you progress through the online course, you’ll be prompted to read chapters to complete course activities.
The course includes many interactive exercises that apply and enrich concepts from the book. The course introduces volunteer coaches to the games approach to coaching, which uses small-sided games to teach skills and tactics. It also includes streaming video and a handy Coaches’ Clipboard utility with forms, documents, and detailed plans for successful practice sessions and game-day coaching. The course concludes with an online 30-question test.
After completing this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Meet your coaching responsibilities, including examining your priorities as a coach
- Communicate effectively with players, parents, and officials
- Provide for safety and respond to injuries
- Develop a training program for players to promote lifelong fitness
- Understand the basic rules of the game
- Create plans for your season and individual practices
- Prepare for and coach on game day
- Teach and shape tactics and skills
- Teach five specific offensive tactics
- Teach three specific defensive tactics
- Teach six individual skills
AudienceThis course is for coaches of athletes ages 6 to 13 participating in a recreational, noncompetitive setting.
Table of ContentsGuided by a mentor coach, coaches face learning challenges in the following units:
- Your Responsibilities as Coach
- Safety and Fitness
- The Games Approach to Coaching
- Season and Practice Plans
- Game-Day Tactics and Skill Instruction
- Offensive and Defensive Tactics
- Offensive and Defensive Skills