IHSA Officiating Principles Online-2nd Edition-with Book
Regular price $50.00
Online CourseCourse Components
The course includes the print text Successful Sports Officiating, video clips, one-year access to the course, Coaching Aids (PDF downloads), the 75-question test and automatic test scoring, IHSA-specific content, certificate of course completion printable from the website, and entry in the National Officials Registry. While you will have immediate access to the online course upon purchase, you will be shipped the Successful Sports Officiating textbook (please allow 3 to 5 business days for shipping). We recommend you wait to take the course until you have the textbook in hand.
New IHSA officials can complete the IHSA Officiating Principles zero-level clinic as part of the requirements for becoming a patched IHSA official.
There’s a lot more to officiating than just knowing the rules. Communication, teamwork, decision making, and conflict resolution are just some of the skills that officials need in addition to what’s found in the rules book.
IHSA Officiating Principles brings the training to your desktop, helping you to do these tasks:
- Learn about officiating past and present (unit 1)
- Consider officiating as a lifetime career (unit 2)
- Determine your officiating style (unit 3)
- Set and achieve professional goals (unit 4)
- Communicate effectively with other officials, coaches, and athletes (unit 5)
- Develop your decision-making skills (unit 6)
- Implement mental training strategies in your officiating regimen (unit 7)
- Manage conflict effectively (unit 8)
- Be aware of principles of personal fitness (unit 9)
- Create a personal fitness plan (unit 10)
- Understand your legal responsibilities (unit 11)
- Explain your legal rights and business responsibilities (unit 12)
- Manage your time wisely (unit 13)
- Officiate in the state of Illinois (unit 14)
When you register for the course, you'll be sent the second edition of the book Successful Sports Officiating. During the course, you’ll refer to the book to complete course segments. In addition to the reading material, audio and video vignettes as well as interactive activities and quizzes are featured throughout the course. This dynamic format presents an engaging educational experience that places you in challenging real-life game situations. You’ll take the course exam online and receive immediate results.
Those who pass the course are automatically entered into the National Officials Registry, an online database of officials that allows state high school associations, athletic administrators, and officials to track and verify officials’ credentials.
With the IHSA Officiating Principles online course, you’ll be one step closer to being a patched IHSA official, and you’ll be prepared, confident, and motivated to officiate high school contests.
AudienceGeared toward potential and new Illinois High School Association sport officials who need to complete a zero-level clinic as part of the requirements for becoming a patched IHSA official. The course is also taught in high schools and colleges and universities to train students to become officials.
The IHSA Officiating Principles course includes the second edition of the text Successful Sports Officiating and a course-access instruction letter. Please allow 5 to 7 business days for these items to be shipped to you.