Coaching Youth Football Online Course-PDF
Regular price $19.95
Online CourseCourse Components
The course fee includes the Coaching Youth Football book (as a PDF); access to the online course and test; one-year access to the course and Coaching Aids (PDF downloads); automatic test scoring; certificate of course completion printable from the website; and entry in the National Coaches Registry. Nothing will be shipped to you, and you will have immediate access to the course upon purchase.
Learn fundamental coaching concepts and responsibilities and come away with the most important coaching points of the major skills and tactics of youth football (tackle, flag, and touch).
In this interactive online course, you’ll learn to prepare for your season and provide the best possible experience for your athletes. The course is supplemented by the book Coaching Youth Football—written by Human Kinetics Coach Education—which is provided as a PDF from within the online course. As you progress through the online course, you’ll be prompted to read chapters to complete course activities.
The course includes many interactive exercises that apply and enrich concepts from the book. The course introduces volunteer coaches to the games approach to coaching, which uses small-sided games to teach skills and tactics. It also includes a handy Coaches’ Clipboard utility with forms, documents, and detailed plans for successful practice sessions and game-day coaching. The course concludes with an online 30-question test.
After completing this course, you should be able to
- meet your coaching responsibilities, including examining your priorities as a coach;
- communicate effectively with players, parents, and officials;
- understand the basic rules of the game;
- provide for safety and respond to injuries;
- develop a training program for players to promote lifelong fitness;
- teach and shape offensive tactics and skills;
- teach and shape defensive tactics and skills;
- teach and shape special teams tactics and skills;
- prepare for, and coach on, game day; and
- create plans for your season and individual practices.