Coaching Tennis Technical and Tactical Skills Online With eBook
Regular price $49.95
Online CourseCourse Components
The course fee includes the Coaching Tennis Technical and Tactical Skills ebook, access to the online course and test, one-year access to the course and Coaching Aids (PDF downloads), automatic test scoring, certificate of course completion printable from the website, and entry in the National Coaches Registry. Nothing will be shipped to you, and you will have immediate access to the course upon purchase.
Human Kinetics Coach Education brings the hard court to the hard drive with Coaching Tennis Technical and Tactical Skills, an online course designed for tennis coaches of youth age 14 and older.
The course draws content from the ebook Coaching Tennis Technical and Tactical Skills, written by Human Kinetics in conjunction with experts at the United States Tennis Association (USTA).
The course is delivered entirely online, and as you progress through the course, you will participate in interactive activities, read portions of the Coaching Tennis Technical and Tactical Skills ebook, and view video clips to complete course units. You’ll learn different approaches to coaching, including the games approach (an alternative to drills-based coaching); develop a season plan and a series of practice plans; and improve your ability to coach during matches.
The course is heavy on skill demonstration and error detection and correction. You’ll break down tennis technical and tactical skills by viewing video frame by frame.
Other features include “Coaching Aids,” a storehouse of printable PDF documents that are incorporated throughout the course. These include practice plans, sport first aid checklists, and drill sheets. You’ll have access to the clipboard even after you’ve completed the course (for up to one year).
After completing the course units, you’ll take the 40-question course test online and receive immediate results. Coaches who successfully complete the course are automatically entered into the National Coaches Registry, an online listing of coaches who've completed Human Kinetics Coach Education courses. Sport administrators have access to the registry, allowing them to track coaches' course completion.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the relationship and difference between technical and tactical skills and describe the traditional and games approaches to tennis practice (unit 1);
- Evaluate technical and tactical tennis skills in your players and make use of your evaluation results (unit 2);
- Teach, critique, and correct essential technical skills (units 3 and 4);
- Teach, critique, and correct essential tactical skills (units 5 and 6);
- Prepare effective season plans and individual practice plans (units 7 and 8); and
- Prepare for game days, coach games, and work with your team after games (units 9 and 10).